Now Hiring: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Green Bay and Manitowoc
Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
- Room patients, obtain brief patient history, complaint, and document pertinent information
- Perform vital signs and other department specific screenings as applicable
- Facilitate/perform lab and diagnostic testing per provider order
- Assist with office procedures as directed (may include but not limited to: injections, phlebotomy, Pellet procedure, etc.)
- Provide telephone advice to patients as directed
- Communicate with providers regarding patient calls
- Call in prescription refills as directed
- Communicate with hospitals and other offices as directed by the providers
- Complete referral forms, and make referral appointments
- Act as a liaison for physicians
- Use of electronic medical record (EMR) (may include but not limited to: documentation, referrals, scheduling, order entry, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
- Must possess logical thinking skills to effectively solve problems
- CMA/RMA with current Wisconsin license and Medical Assistant experience
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer, phone, and office equipment
- If holds other licenses that supersede CMA/RMA license may practice to the highest level of licensure with the approval of Quality Resources in writing. Approval to be kept on file with department supervisor. Employee must maintain licensure to continue working at higher level of service.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions: Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings.
Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30, normal color perception and hearing within normal range.
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.