Join Our Team
Front Desk Staff
Front Desk Staff
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. Makes a positive first impression on any person utilizing Lindgren Functional Medicine services, whether on the phone or in person.
- Communicate with patients, doctors, hospitals, and clinical staff.
- Assist caller with their medical and non-medical concerns and delegate their needs as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Provide completed front desk deposits to clinic manager
- Attend meetings as required and follow the policies of the organization as described in the handbook
- Some Cash handling and the collection of any payments is required in accordance with Lindgren Functional Medicine Policies and Procedures.
- Confirm/schedule appointments/respond to patient emails
- Respect confidentiality of all patients
- Ability to work with patients of all ages in a courteous and professional manner
- Must be empathetic, yet, responsive to patient's needs
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information and take appropriate messages
- Ability to answer the telephone in a pleasant, timely and helpful manner
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and professionally
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
- Ability to multi-task in and efficient and effective manner
- Assertive and self directed
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly manner
- Experience in customer service in a healthcare setting preferred
- Medical Terminology course preferred
- Proficient telephone and computer skills required
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves continual contact with staff and the public. Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
- Long sedentary hours
- Computer time stressful on eyes
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching is required. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range. Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to continuous change is required. Use of telephone and computers are required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.